Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm Sick!!

I had so hoped I wasn't going to get sick. I really hoped I had missed getting what my mom and my daughter got, but did I? Nope . . . I had a headache last night and I just thought it had to do with all the typing and reading I'd been doing this last week or so with the editing, formatting, query letter and now synopsis. But then today, I wake up with a scratchy throat. It got worse and worse. By the time it was 3:00pm I was ready to ask my mom for money to get some nyquil equivalent. She did and also had me get milk. Also, I got a soda with the last of my change. Then I was hungry because all I'd had was coffee which had been about 11:00am. That was the earliest I've woken up lately. I think that's because of being sick.

Anyway, my mom was nice enough to heat up some rice we had in the fridge and then made cheese burgers. It was definitely good. I'd also taken my nyquil. It's made me a little tired, but then I perked up a bit. I did a lot of resting though. Watched most of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," an episode of "Criminal Minds" and then a few episodes of "River Monsters." But I finally typed up my second draft of my synopsis. It's 6 pages long! I have to trim it down to a page. I'm going to just have to write the best I can. See what's the MOST important and chuck everything else. I want to have it done already. Oh and I spent a little time looking at Literary Agents for when I'm ready to send out my queries and I had a panic attack. When I went to look up how to write a proposal for a literary agent I had another massive panic attack. I'm leaving that alone for now, but I do plan to send out the queries around October 4th. I want the synopsis done before then. That's the goal anyway.

Well, I can't take any more medication until 10:00pm. I am also starting to get tired again and starting to cough. It sucks. But I'm going to watch "Tanked" in about 15 minutes and then I'm going to watch "IRT Deadliest Roads" and then hopefully I'll go to sleep. I definitely need the rest.

No comments: