Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So Far So Good!

Well, my positive streak is continuing! Though it was hard, I woke up early - 8:30am. I drank a 5-hour energy, grabbed a water and headed out to class. First class was Coping Skills which was awesome. We started talking about what's been helpful to cope with things and my response, of course, was GRAPES! I got to say and explain what it was. It was awsome!! Kimberly was there. It was great to see her. Russell was awesome too. He went to the community meeting and made sure to mention to them they had to keep one of the old chairs because I couldn't fit into the new chairs. That was really cool. I couldn't be without a chair. The second group was Cognitive Therapy. It wasn't as good as the first group this time. They were doing Thought Distortions and Antidotes for them. It was okay, but not that useful for me. I guess because I try to say positive things to myself. I know it won't always be easy, but for now I'm doing well. I also ate 3 1/2 starbuck's goodies that were brought in. It was so good though I probably shouldn't have had so much. They're hard to resist though, not that I was trying to! LOL! Before I left Kimberly gave me a hug. She's so cool! And I'm not a touchy-feely kind of person except with my kids, but when I see her, I want to give her a hug! It's cool. I think her and I are becoming friends!

Anyway, I came home and played on the computer for a bit. We had a very early dinner or late lunch. I also did my stretches. Then I went to therapy. My mom was nice enough to give me a $1.00 so I could get a drink at McDonald's on my way. Of course, they were out of Diet Dr. Pepper. They asked if I wanted Diet Coke . . . Ick! So I went ahead and got a regular Dr. Pepper. 

Therapy went well. I did talk a little about how I feel as a parent and how I try not to think about it. It does have a tendency to bring me down. But I also know I did what I could. We touched on the fact that I had a bad episode with the bipolar when I didn't know what was happening to me. I was traumatized by it. I know I was. Also talked about faith and how I just don't know if I believe in God anymore. I believe in life after death though. I believe maybe there could be a Higher Power. I just don't know. But all in all, I am doing well even with the fact my sister is coming. RI tool - To Know Is Not To Know. I don't know how things will be when she's here. It could go well. I just need Jordan to be out of the house. 

After that I came home, I went and watched TV. My mom was nice enough to make another dinner - meat and beans quesadillas. It was good! After that I went back to watching TV. Jordan had the computer and I got him to take a shower. I told him he could keep the computer until 10:30pm. I continued watching TV; a special episode of "Ghost Hunters" at 8:00pm. Josh Gates was a guest investigator. It was awesome. They were at some museum. I can't remember if it was aerospace or just planes. Can't remember what it was called, but it was great! Then I watched "Haunted Collector." It's a new show and seems pretty interesting. It's kind of like Ghost Hunters, but he tries to find a haunted object. Then after that was "Hollywood Treasure" back for it's second season. It's a great show. It's so cool to see what he is able to find and put up for auction. Not that I could ever buy anything, though I have seen some stuff I would love to have, of course. I think I'll watch those last two episodes next week.

I also decided to rejoin Cafemom. I haven't done much. I haven't joined any groups yet. I'm going slow because I don't want to be overwhelmed again like I was last time. Needless to say, I probably won't make any groups. Not that I can say for sure I won't, but I know I felt so overwhelmed by all the groups I was involved with and how many I had by myself. It was crazy how my other account was. I'll play more with it tomorrow as I finish up my Favorite things. 

Anyway, I think that's it for this entry. I am very tired and still need to set the alarm. I'm happy with my day. I completed my GRAPES and I just met some goals like the stretches and getting Jordan to take a shower. And on that note it's time for bed.
      

No comments: