Saturday, February 5, 2011

What a Day . . .

It has been a very long day and I am very tired. I might actually be able to sleep on my own without medicinal help tonight. I was going to do some writing, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. It's just too late tonight and being tired whatever I wrote might come out sounding like crap anyway. Well, maybe. I just don't think I can concentrate very good at the moment. I can barely concentrate enough to write this! LOL!

This morning I woke up after having not slept well yet again. I had to take my mother to a doctor's appointment. So I got up and tried that 5-hour energy stuff and it's not too bad. I've had worse tasting medication. Plus it did perk me up and it's kept me perked up all day. That was definitely nice. I dropped my mom at her appointment. I went to Trader Joe's, grabbed a water, a chocolate bar and a chicken cesar wrap. It was yummy. Then I spent time reading "The Chronicles of Riddick." I'm getting more into it as it goes along. But it's not as easy of a read as "Next" was. Not sure why. Guess it's just how it was written.

After I picked up my mom we went to Walmart. I did a little shopping. I needed to get toilet paper and I got pens, a spiral, a woman's world and a cute shirt for Cassie. It was black, of course, and said "Love Rocks" on it in pink. My mom had to return stuff then looked at clothes and bought some food. I waited at McDonald's for her and had a diet Dr. Pepper while I read my book. When she came she gave me money to get her a burger and me an ice cream cone. It was nice since I hadn't had one in awhile. Then when we got home I had Jordan drag the stuff into the house. As for me, I worked on my schedule which I hadn't done in a long time. I am months ahead, but I wouldn't mind being a year ahead. Though eventually I'll have to wait to catch up, I guess. LOL!

Anyway, then Jason called and wanted me to pick him up at Amaya trolley stop. He came over here and we hung out for a bit and then I took him back to his place. Poor Susan is sick with a cold and I have a feeling I'm going to get it now. LOL! It's just how these things work with me. Cassie was at Caleb's so I had to wait to see her. We had a nice dinner, though it wasn't much and I enjoyed the company. Then when Cassie did come back I got to hold her, give her a kiss and hug her to pieces. She also started filling out The Friendship Scrapbook. So did Jason, but neither has finished yet. Poor Jason finally just went to bed. He was exhausted. His eyes were bloodshot and he just looked overtired. I finally left their place at about 10pm after a few more hugs and kisses. I still miss her everyday. Oh and she liked the shirt. :-)

On my way home I decided I wanted a peanut butter shake and stopped off at Beef 'n Bun. I also got some onion rings. They really have good ones. They're thick! I ate them after I got home . . . well after I had a confrontation with my son. I do have to say I was kinda short with him and snapped at him because he still had my computer and he'd had it all day. I just figured he'd be sleeping and would have put it on my bed. When it wasn't there I kinda bitched at him a bit. I didn't really mean to, but what pissed me off was when he did give it to me we got into a bit of an argument and he told me "Fuck you" which is NOT appropriate for a child to say to their mother. I told him he couldn't have the computer tomorrow at all. We both eventually got over it and apologized to each other, but I still might not let him have the computer tomorrow. We'll just have to see how generous I feel in the morning.

As for now, I feel kind of down. Today was good for the most part, but I think the disagreement with Jordan kinda sent me into a little bit of a tail spin, but I am going to believe I'll feel better tomorrow. After all, what was said was said in anger and it's over. I guess I just don't like disagreements with my kids. I'm sure I'll be fine. I just need sleep. Tomorrow I can set aside time for writing. I can work on my story and maybe even do a writing exercise. Maybe I'll even watch "Red" tomorrow since I haven't seen it yet. Tomorrow has a lot of possibilities. I won't let tonight's disagreement taint that.

Okay, think I might be talking in circles a bit. That's how tired I really am. LOL! So it's definitely time for sleep. My bed is calling me. Maybe I'll have some good dreams tonight.

No comments: