Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Getting Out of the Blues!

Well, today has been quite an emotional day for me. I slept late again. Looks like I'm not making any progress about waking up early. It's hit and miss, but it just comes down to the fact that when I'm sleeping I just don't want to wake up. I guess that part of me is just damaged for good. I am not a morning person. I need to be though so that I can start going back to the gym and swim again. I could use the exercise and it would be in my best interests. Maybe I'll make more of an effort after Aunt Flo leaves for the month, which should be in a day or two. Then I'll be myself again.

Cassie walked home from school today. Guess she was supposed to stay for tutoring, but Mrs. Barrick wasn't there and she won't stay for Mrs. Manns. The woman really is lacking as a teacher. I don't know if this is true, but Cassie said the the woman said everyone was failing her class except one girl. If that was true, what does that say about her being a teacher?? I was temped to call the school, but I haven't. I am, however, keeping it open as a possibility. Ugh! I never liked school. It's a necessary evil, but there will always be those people, be them teachers, students or staff that get pleasure messing up people's lives. When Cassie was in grade school, it was the school Counselor. God that woman was a BITCH! I think I got her into trouble with the school too, though. I wasn't quiet about my dislike of her. The staff of the school seemed to agree with me. That's sad.

Anyway, Cassie had an opportunity to stay with me until 8:00pm tonight and instead of taking it, she wanted to get picked up early. That kind of put me into a funk for awhile. I mean, I know it's not me. It's the house. It's my mother. But how do you not take something like that personal, you know? So I felt sorry for myself for a bit. I had to go to Albertson's to pick up some milk and stuff, so they picked her up in the parking lot. But a good thing inside the store was they had Valentine's candy 50% off! And they had a good selection so I got Reese's hearts, Conversation Heart - because those are a must and I hadn't gotten any yet, and then I got I<3U peeps. Of course, the heart was the right way, not sideways. LOL! I love peeps!! In fact, I'm snacking on those right now. Anyway, other than that and the milk and other stuff I also picked up chocolate raspberry coffee creamer! It sounded too.

I was still depressed when I got home and I ended up blogging on another site about it. Just enough to get my emotions out a bit. Then I also put on Project Playlist and started listening to my music and each song made me feeling better and better. Also, when I was writing on the other blog, I came up with something I needed to do for my story - characters. So I took the time to write out my character. Her family. Her friends . . . occupations. Approximately what some of them looked like . . . I spent a good hour or two on it and got some ideas for the story as well. And the music really lifted my spirits! Probably the one song I knew I was feeling better on was "Play the funky music, white boy." That's just a great song to get someone feeling better. Anyway, so as glum as I was I really perked up between the music and my writing. And to think I wasn't so sure I was going to write anything today at all because of how I was feeling. LOL! Tomorrow I go back to the story because I know exactly where I'm going to pick up from. Though I think I might change her background just a little bit. In fact, I just did and I think what I have will work out even better now. Because of her daughter and injury to herself, the guy was put on Death Row. He might not be able to escape prison and come after her, but if he has a brother . . .

Okay, guess that's about it. I feel much better than I did. My writing has been productive. I have had Karissa with me almost all day, which has been fantastic. If I can't have Cassie at least I have Karissa with me. Now I'm just going to sit back, relax. Maybe write down a few more notes for the story and watch the finale of "Ghost Hunters International" and "Face/Off". Tomorrow will be a better day. :-)
 

No comments: