Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm Patting Myself on the Back

I am so proud of myself! I didn't procrastinate on getting the prologue for my newest story done!! I am so happy about that. And I think it came out pretty well. I need to tweak the News Article, but that should be easily solved. I'm just a writer and not a journalist so it will take me a try or two to get that just right. Either that or I might ask Nicole to give me ideas or write a little blurb for me. Anyway, I'm just so thrilled that I got it done. Now tomorrow comes the real fun part - editing my first book. I have procrastinating for too long and I told myself I would work on it on the 28th and tomorrow is the 28th. I have to be strong and not procrastinate. Maybe I won't finish the whole thing tomorrow, but I'm going to try. Then on the third I need to get a black ink cartridge for the printer and maybe more paper. I need to get serious about getting the novella out.

Jordan helped me with my room today too. My mom is letting me keep Karissa's litter box, water and food in my room, but to do that I had to straighten out my room. I also wanted to clean off my bed and get some real sheets on. I still sleep on the blanket, but that's because if I didn't I'd get poked and scratched by a broken spring in the mattress. It's not fun. I've been scratched before. It sucks actually.

Anyway, he helped get laundry going. We got a hamper in the hallway and threw my old, broken hamper away. Where my old hamper was I put the little box. The water is next to it and the food is over near the closet. We even brought her bed in and placed it on a corner of the bed, though I doubt she'll sleep in it unless she gets cold. But since my mom keeps the house at about 70 degrees we're all good. But the room looks so much better and I told my mom that this will at least make me keep the floor clean! :-)

Jordan and I did pause for a bit. After dinner we went to Albertson's. I was almost out of Splenda for my coffee and god knows I can't have that happen! LOL! So I told him I'd get him a soda too. And when we got there, that's what we got. Then Jordan was nice enough to buy us each an ice cream cone from McDonald's. That leaves me $1 to get crickets for Tubbie. My mom was always super nice to me and gave me $20 for fuel. With gas being $3.69 a gallon, I needed every penny of it going to fuel. It sucks that the gas is going up again. It's so hard for me to get things done. My mother can't help me all the time, so I'm worried about that. I want to be able to see Cassie at Jason and Susan's. I need to be able to get to therapy and doctors. I need to be able to take my mother places . . . and stupid gas has to be so expensive. The gas conglomerates or whatever they are sucks badly. If those people had my income I bet you things would change real quick! Jerks.

Anyway, tonight I've had a good old time watching "Iron Chef America" kind of. They weren't new ones. :-( But I was also listening to music on Project Playlist (yes I could do both at once!). I also decided to open a MySpace. LOL! I just thought it was fun. I have a jungle background, a tiger for my profile pic and I have uploaded a bunch of pix of Karissa. Her album is called "My Little Tiger" and she is! Right now she's sleeping behind me on the bed. I love having had her in almost all day. She hasn't quite figured out that she doesn't need to go out of the room yet, but that's okay. I'm letting her out tomorrow morning so she can enjoy the outside.

Well, guess it's time for me to take my medication and think about sleep. I have to wake up at 6:30am so I can wake up Jordan and then I need to go to the gym and do water aerobics. My mom wants to join me so we'll see if she feels up to it. Then I have all that editing to do. I can do it. I will do it and it will be great!!


No comments: