Friday, February 11, 2011

Contemplation of the Past and Future

Not sure what to say about today really. I woke up LATE again. My mother was supposed to wake me around noon if I wasn't awake. She didn't so I just kept sleeping and sleeping. I might as well have been Sleeping Beauty. It was 3:00pm before I finally opened my eyes and were able to keep them open. I did try to wake up earlier, but for whatever reason I just couldn't keep my eyes open. In fact, I did a lot of dreaming again. Maybe that had something to do with it. I haven't dreamed so much in a long time so guess that means my mind is working overtime.

Anyway, I just got online and played for awhile. In fact, I was just feeding my virtual pets in Happy Pets when my mother told me dinner was ready. She had ribs going tonight! MMMMM! They were rather yummy. Then I went back online. I added a couple of songs to my Project Playlist and then I decided to work on another idea for a story I had. This one is still formulating, but the first part to come to me is a cat that can change into a man. As cat he's a bit of a comforter for her and a bit of a protector where as the man falls in love with her. The other part of the story is a man killed her daughter - a man they knew and she testified against him sending him to jail. He escapes and comes after her. I have to have several ideas to drag this out, but I haven't formulated everything yet. I am already on page three. But I have to write a prologue. It's going to be like a newspaper article about the daughter's death and the man convicted of the crime. I did also find online a quick little article about telling versus showing in writing. I'm trying to take it to heart and try to do both. Though showing is MUCH better than telling, only I do a lot of telling in my writing. I'd like to ease up on that a bit and do more showing, now that I understand exactly what that means. I'm not ready for strangers to critique any of my work, but I'm open to learning better ways to work my craft.

You know, I have to be slightly obsessed with my Ex-Friend Denise. I do too many searches on her. The cool thing is that I learn about new sites by doing it. Like I wouldn't have found Spiritual Networks without her and I wouldn't have found Free Psychic Network and their Ask it. I asked a question and am interested in knowing what the answer will be. I hope I get an answer though Denise didn't get any. I have to say I do get nostalgic sometimes and think about writing her. Then reality sets in and I remember all the drama and the crap she put me and Nicole through, and she used her kids to create drama too. I NEVER want that in my life again. But keeping track of her gives me a certain amount of satisfaction. I'm a twisted individual and finding out when she's not doing well with her writing, I get this feeling of being justified. Especially after I found out she told John I had tried to steal her story ideas . . . yeah . . . They're not that good, honey! She was just pissed because I didn't want to write her story for her! But it wasn't mine to write. Plain and simple and she was so obsessive with it. Called me every day about that stupid story. Most of her ideas so childish . . . Well, let her think she's going to get anywhere. She won't unless she finds someone else to write for her. Either you have the skill or you don't. At least that's how I look at it. I won't say I'm the greatest writer because I'm not, but I love writing. I have a passion for it and my stories are pretty good. I've been told by teachers over the years and by other people. I know I'm good.

Anyway, I need to just relax and work on my own writing. I still haven't gone back to my first book and done the edits, but I'm getting closer to it. I know out of everything I've written it's the one thing I can get published. Even if it's just in a collection. Either way, to get published would be the pinnacle of my existence. Getting paid would be the wonderful icing on the cake. I just have to stop being afraid. After all the rejections I guess I got scared. Felt rejected. I need to get passed that, especially if I'm going to get anywhere with my writing. Guess I'll just have to set a date and say to myself "THAT is when I'm going to get to editing!" I'll look at the calendar and make up my mind. Then I'll stick to it! That's the important thing.

I did get a chance to watch "Royal Pains" and "Fairly Legal." Both shows were great! I even watched most of "White Collar" - another good show. But really, Jordan and I were waiting for my mother to go to sleep so we could slip out. We went to Walmart and got snacks - of course. I got chips, dip, cookies . . . More than I should have gotten. Jordan got twizzlers, airheads and pringles. Since being home I tried a little of everything of mine. The salsa cheese dip is so good, but wow the spice burned my mouth. I'm very sensitive. LOL! Anyway, now I am winding this up as I watch "House". Karissa is comfortably sleeping behind me cuddled in the blankets and I'm starting to yawn. I think I might go to sleep soon. My mom IS waking me up early tomorrow. Well . . . noon. Gotta sleep. Nite.

No comments: