Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ticket Buying Fun!

Today is the beginning of my more early rising. In fact, I'm going to set the alarm and be up by 9:00am. I had to get up early for the Ticket Buy. I got Jordan to take a shower last night and this morning I got dressed, grabbed coffee and Jordan and got going. It had been so long since I'd gone on a ticket buy! But it was fun. We met up with Susan, Cassie, Paige and Alicia which was perfect. Cassie had brought her snake though it was really too cold for him. He spent time curled up in people's sleeves and stuff. LOL! He's a beautiful snake and so little!! He's so cute!! I hated sitting in the cold and it took forever for them to give out number wristbands. Usually they do it early, then everyone breaks up and then comes back to hear what number is first and then line up. But not this time. Then they had someone new also who had everyone line up when you don't line up without wristbands! That eventually was corrected. I felt sorry for Cassie and Paige. They got farther back in the line. But we all bought tickets and we all got money. I got $25 for just a few hours. It's not too bad and it was extra money I needed. I ended taking Paige home while Susan took Alicia back home - along with Jordan and Cassie. I was glad to get home though. I had another huge iced coffee, but it didn't perk me up at all! LOL!

When Jordan came home, he had my money for me. He'd already spent his money on a game for his Xbox 360. He says he still has money left so, that's good. I was too tired to go out for any reason. In fact, I thought I'd take a nap, but instead I ended up reading the rest of "The Chronicles of Riddick." I finally will start a new book either tonight or tomorrow - "The Bone Garden" by Tess Gerritsen.

Anyway, I thought I'd be too tired to write today, but instead I managed almost another full page. It's really coming along nicely! I'm not sure how interesting the book is yet, but we'll see. I still have to write that prologue! It's just nice to be writing and enjoying it, having that sense that the story will continue to bloom as I write. It helps that one of the characters is a cat and since I love cats it's easy for me to write them. Plus, my kitty Karissa has been by my side all day - at least since I've been back. Her presence calms me and makes me smile. I don't feel alone when she's with me.

Well, not sure whatelse I'm going to do. I have no shows tonight and I'm really, really tired. I'm about ready to take my night meds and just go to sleep. Who cares if it's just 7:40pm. It will make tomorrow morning easier too. I can say that today has been a good day! I don't feel the under-current at the moment, which is AWESOME! Don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I'm going to think positive. Either way, I'm thinking tomorrow I get a woman's world and maybe a Dr. Pepper from McDonald's. LOL! But that's for tomorrow. Tonight it's time for sleep. And it's a good, well-deserved sleep tonight I think. Good, huh? Maybe I'll write a couple of notes before I go to sleep, but either way, it's nite nite.

Goodnight!!

No comments: