Friday, February 4, 2011

Flip a Coin

I spent most of today in a good mood and my mood is okay at the moment (though again I am really tired), but I did have some down time.

Last night I couldn't sleep so just after midnight I went to Walmart to do some shopping - Vitamins, nose spray, cough medicine and I also ended up getting two DVDs and a couple of books. I spent too much, but at least the DVDs were not too expensive. "Red" was only $15 while "Law Abiding Citizen" was only $13. The two books I got for myself was a total of $9, I think. But I also got Jordan a book for $8. I had to get the book because it's something he'll actually read!! And that's worth it for me. I just hope I find another book he'll want to read after that. It's a miracle he'll read now. After "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood" I'll just have to take him to Barnes and Noble to find another book. Anything to keep him reading.

On the way home from the store I stopped at the Mexican food place that's in the old Taco Bell building on Jackson. I got me a chili Relleno burrito and I got Jordan a bean and cheese burrito. The sad part of it was it wasn't very good. We both thought that. Cotija's is the best followed by Sombrero and Lareto's. Too bad they were too far away to go to. Next time I won't be stopping at this new place. Yuk.

When I got home and we ate I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. I took flexiril and some cough medicine and even an ativan and nothing worked. I was so tired too and my legs just felt like then't  wanted to keep twitching and twitching. I don't remember what time I finally fell asleep, but it must have been 6-7am. Needless to say I slept until 3pm, I think. I'm trying to remember! LOL! Sometime while I was asleep Jordan asked me if he could watch "Red" so I let him though I wanted us to watch it together. We did, however, watch "Law Abiding Citizen" together! That's a movie we've been dying to see since it came out and we weren't disappointed either. The movie was GOOD! The bad guy was totally fascinating. You could understand why he did what he did. I liked him! What's funny is when I was a kid I was only on the good person's side. I hated the bad guy or loved it when the bad guy turned good. But as time as gone on, I appreciate bad guys. You can't have as story without an antagonist, right? And the best are the kind you can get some sympathy for because it's the most interesting kind. Or just something that makes them interesting and just transitions from a typical bad guy to something much much more. Like now, Hannibal Lecter is one of my favorite characters! That would have never happened when I was a teenager. I guess between growing up more and my writing, you understand more about how important the bad guy is, especially if he's designed as a real person and not a comic book Villain.

Now that I've gone off on that tangent! LOL! Anyway, Jason and Susan called and invited us to join them at Cici's at 7pm. We were both starving so basically we had to stop at the post office to mail two letters for my mother. I had to go to the bank and pull out money, then I took Jordan to load his compass card (bus pass) and then we grabbed a little something from Jack in the Box because neither of us had eaten and I was getting sick. After that, we headed over to Cici's.

It's weird, when I first walked in with Jordan, Jason gave me some weird look and I thought he was upset or something. He also mouthed 'I'm not talking about it.' I was like, Okay . . . But we got pizza, soda . . . I got salad too. And I got to see my Cassie and order her Mac n Cheese pizza while I got bbq pork for me, not to mention all the types on the buffet. Needless to say, Jordan and I ate big time. LOL! And it was nice. We all talked and ate. Nothing major happened. They did talk to Jordan about going back to school, but whether that sunk in is another matter, but Jordan tells me he's going back to school. Okay, that was a run on sentence, but I don't care. LOL!

When we get home Nicole calls, which is great. We have a chance to filled out my Friendship Scrapbook. Cassie had been disappointed that I didn't bring it with me to dinner, but she wouldn't have had time to fill it out anyway. I told her next time. Anyway, it was good to talk to Nicole. But then Jason texts me and asked if I think I'm ever going to be a productive member of society and then asked me not to take it wrong!! Ugh!! Well, I was offended but I answered the question which was a no because I can't get passed the panic I feel. And it lasts for hours!! I just can't face that again. He says he understands and he just asks because he wants better for the kids, but how else am I supposed to take it when he puts it like that, you know? So that got me down a little bit. No one likes to be told they're not a productive member of society. I don't know. But it's not enough to knock me completely down. It did take the wind out of my sails a bit though. I almost didn't take time to write today, but I told myself that I was going to write no matter what, even if it sounded like crap. Well, I ended up not just writing I wrote something that was over a page long AND I think it's pretty good! So I'm feeling much better. I just have to sit myself down and tell myself I'm going to write no matter what and maybe that will set me on the right path again. I want to be able to throw myself back into my writing and I think I'm headed in the right direction.

Anyway, I suppose that's about it. It's after midnight. I'm tired though who knows if I'll sleep. I'd watch "Red" but I want to just go to sleep if I can. I need to wake up early in the morning to get my mom to her doctor's appointment anyway. Guess I'm just going to call it a night and leave on a positive note. I'm doing good. 

No comments: