Sunday, December 18, 2011

Slept Through the Second Half of Day 6

The morning and into the afternoon was crazy!! It involved a lot of waiting, driving and misdirection. And all on 2 hours of sleep.

I couldn't sleep Friday night. I couldn't breathe having a hard time with my nose being stuffy. The nose spray I use wasn't exactly working, which sucked. Then by the time I did drift to sleep, I had to get up two hours later to make sure I had enough time to get dressed, take my morning meds and make my protein shake. Jordan had George over to go with us in the morning so he could come to us this morning on the ticket buy. We had to be down at the sports arena early though it went random and we ended not in the best position to get tickets. By the time Cassie got to the window they were already on Terrace which wasn't good. But it turned out our ticket broker friends wanted whatever they could get. After all, it was for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They actually sent the kids through the line twice and Susan went through twice. I didn't, but I drove and I can't stand in line for too long. They really waited until the last minute to do the wristbands for the line up. Usually they had out wristband at like 8:00am. Then you don't go back until 9:30am and then they pick the start number and line everyone up. This time they gave us wrist bands at like 9:15am and lined us up at like ten to 10:00am. We didn't leave until after 10:40am and I had to get to this place to get a food basket. But I didn't know how to get there from the sports arena. I was really panicked because we were supposed to be there by 11:00am.

Well, let me say we didn't get there until almost noon, I think. First, I screw up on the 5. I was almost to National City before I realized that we were going the wrong way. So I had to turned around and I was a little freaked out, not sure there was an entrance to the other way. But there was and I found my way to the 94. Once I go the off-ramp that I needed, I finally pulled into a gas station. I was down to 18 miles to empty. I think I freaked the kids out a little bit. LOL! But I know how far I can push my car. I paid a rather high price though, but that's how it went. And I wasn't done with going the wrong way. I went way down the street in the opposite way that I needed. It took me awhile to turn around. But once we were going the right way, all was fine and we found it no problem. It was just trying to sort out which way. However, I know I scared the kids with some of the bone-headed stunts I pulled while driving. Usually I'm a pretty good driver, but between the lack of sleep and my rising panic I almost ran some red lights and had to make a few leaps to get where I needed to go. I'm just glad it all worked out and that we FINALLY got where we needed to go. What's cool is we actually got a little turkey! :-)

After that, I was happy to be headed back to the area of town I know. We stopped at McDonald's so the kids could eat. We sent Jordan and George in to order. I got a chicken caesar salad. The boys got combos and Cassie just wanted a McDouble. It all worked out well.

After eating, I took the boys home then took Cassie to the Vans Outlet store so she could spend her newly aquired money. I still have $18. The kids each got $20 and I got $30. I had some money left from before, but $20 went right into the tank and now I need more fuel after that fiasco.

At the outlet store, Cassie used her $40 - she had $20 from something else - she found shoes in the clearance table. She got two pairs along with two pairs of black socks. She was very happy about them because they were high-tops. I'm not thrilled with one of them because I think it's kind of ugly. But you know, she's happy with it and that's what matters.

From there, I took her over to her friend Katie Kelly's stepmom's house. They were having her father's funeral and Cassie wanted to be there with them. She cried a lot of tears for him too. He was a good guy. But I'll tell you, I was never so happy than to be driving home. I needed the sleep badly and no sooner had I got home than I laid down. My nose was still stuffy, but I was so tired. I drifted in and out of sleep until dinner. I went out and ate dinner which was sausage, baked potato and green beans. I filled up a lot on green beans. And when I went back to my room, I crashed out.

Jordan woke me about 12:30am wanting me to take him to Jack in the Box. I was kind of awake so I agreed. He also got me a diet Dr. Pepper from McDonalds. I'm not supposed to have soda anymore, but I figured as long as I didn't do it often, I could get away with it. After all, there's no calories in it. But when I got home I went back to sleep and didn't really get up until 9:30am. I slept a lot! Anyway, that was my ordeal yesterday I'll talk about today later. :-D

No comments: