Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 13 - Happy Christmas Eve!

Today has not been a landmark day really. I woke up to find that my mouth/gum was swollen bad. So what I thought might go away got worse over night. Way worse. I did get my ass up by 9:30am. I was so tired I could probably have slept til noon, but I decided that I should try to keep waking up early.

When my mom saw my face though, she said I needed to see the doctor, so after I had my protein shake I got dressed, grabbed Cassie's book "Beautiful Creatures" and went to the ER. My mom had given me a $20 bill to cover parking and a couple of things she wanted from the store after. But what was cool is the parking structure was apparently free today! I thought that was a nice surprise.

Anyway, they took me back pretty quick though I had to wait awhile to see the doctor. I literally read 112 pages of the book before I left. While I was there though they put an IV in me and ran me through with antibiotics. They also gave me some Tylenol, but that didn't work. When I left I had presciptions for antibiotics and percocet. I was way too tired to get them, but I did stop at Vons to get what my mom wanted. She wanted me to get cool whip and a pie. Well, there were no pies left. So she told me to get ice cream. Then I saw the Claim Jumper blackberry frozen pie and asked my mom if she wanted me to get that instead. She said yes. Well, when I got home, she tells me she didn't realize that she'd have to cook it. :-( So she got mad at me all over again. Said to me that lately I couldn't do anything right. I guess that's kinda true. But still . . . it's not like I did anything on purpose to her. I also got a woman's world and a chocolate milk. Though it had chocolate and a lot of sugar, I needed something in my stomach. Once I got home I also had a good sized sausage that my mom had cooked. From there, I went to my room, checked out a couple of things on the computer then started getting things ready to go. I grabbed my brush, the book, spaghetti noodles since that was my contribution to dinner and then I got a Christmas gift bag from my mom for Jason and Susan's gift. I got them the Joe Joe's cookies from Trader Joe's. Then I grabbed my little bottle of body spray I bought awhile though, but I didn't really like the fragrance compaired to one I'm getting. Hardly used any of it so I gave that to Susan. She was happy with it and that's what matters.

Went I went over to Jason and Susan's they shared their frustrations witn me about Cassie. Seems she's getting a little big for her britches. We'll see how that eventually pans out. She was at her friend Katie Kelly's. She wanted to spend the night and I was like, no! Jason and Susan told her no too. That this was a family night tradition. Apparently she wasn't happy at first, but she got over it. We listened to Christmas music. Just hung out. Cassie looked cute! She got new PJ bottoms from Katie Kelly. They're a snow leopard pattern. Very pretty! Then Susan got Cassie a book - one Cassie wanted so she started reading it and it turned out she didn't like the book after all. It was a fantasy book - like straight fantasy. Not like "Twilight" or "Fallen."

At one point, Jason got grumpy and went into the other room. It didn't stop us girls from enjoyed each other's company. And when Susan served dinner it was great! My plate was about half the chicken breast and a little bit of spaghetti. It was good and I enjoyed every bit. Oh and I got my gift too! 2 lb. weights! It was awesome! They'll be great for my stretching at home. I need to start doing that too, or at least on the days I don't go to the gym.

After dinner Cassie cleaned out the back of Jason and Susan's car because a lot of the stuff was hers if not all of it. While she did that, I got to hold Zippy - towel under him folded over a few times. He was so cute as I cuddled and scratched him he chortled at me and chirped. He just talked and talked and talked. He also pooped and peed a little, which good thing I had the towel. But I got to cuddle with him for so long. I think I got a tickle spot on him too because he would lift his back leg up like he was going to scratch himself. LOL! Too cute! When Cassie came back in though, she needed to put him back. She also gave him some apple.

Not long after we left and came home. Jordan was awake and Cassie wanted one of her gifts. Since it used to be our tradition anyway, we all opened one present tonight. Jordan got his book because he knew what it was and Cassie got the one book she knew she was getting. The surprises are for tomorrow. I let myself open up my book too - "Body Double" by Tess Gerritsen. Cassie got her "Beautiful Darkness" and Jordan got his "Assassin's Creed Revelations." I think that was it's title anyway. After that Jordan came with me to try to get my prescriptions filled, but he was also hungry so I took him to get a couple of burgers. First we were going to go to McDonald's, but they were closed. So we opted for Jack in the Box. I was still kinda hungry so I got a Chicken Teriyaki bowl. I probably shouldn't have, but it hit the spot. However the bad part was that when Jordan tried to get my prescriptions filled, the computers were down and they wouldn't take iin any prescriptions until 4:00am. UGH! I really need that percocet! But you know, I can't do anything about it so I just took more advil and hope it works.

I need to take my meds now and then I need to change into my PJs. I just finished talking to Jason. He's not feeling well emotionally. I think he's bipolar. He hates that I say that, but I think he might realize I could be right I mean, I don't even know if I'm right for sure, but it has seemed like it to me for a long time. Then once I'm done with this, I'll let Jordan take this laptop and then I'll prepare the stockings and then go to bed. I am so tired!! Of course, with the pain it's not going to be that easy. I can only hope the advil does it's job. 

Guess that's it. My eyes are burning like they have been open too long. Just another sign that I need to get to bed!

Happy Christmas Eve!! 

No comments: