Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 1

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Or at least I hope it is. It's the start of my new eating regimen. I don't want to call it a diet. That has bad connotations for me. But a lifestyle change might be a better way of putting it. I got up, took Cassie to school. I came back and rested for a little. Then I got up in time to have my first protein shake. It wasn't the best, but it was okay. I then took off to my doctor's appointment. It took about twenty minutes to get back and be seen. Maybe thirty minutes. My appointment took all of five minutes. LOL! All my lab work was fine, except for my white blood cell count was a little high. But not by much. He said he might want to do labs again in a month or two. 

After that appointment I went home. I chilled out for awhile then for lunch I had another protein shake. I laid down for a little while and then left to go pick up Cassie from school. It was raining so hard and then just cleared up for a little bit. Just in time for Cassie to leave school and walk to the car. Awesome, right? It was cold too. I had to put on the heater.

Once we got home, she was hungry and went to eat. First she grabbed the dip I had with some chips. Then that didn't taste good to her so she decided to just make nachos. It was so bad because she brought them into the room and I so wanted some. I guess I have some will power. I was able to resist it. Then she wanted to watch a movie so we decided on "Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides" but we only got through an hour and a half before Jason and Susan came to pick her up. I also let Cassie spend the night there tonight. There was some bad news. Katie Kelly and Lauren's father Don died today. Cassie was really upset too. Tomorrow Susan is picking Cassie up from school so that she can go spend time with Katie Kelly and Lauren. I didn't realize that Don was even sick! It was a shock to me when Jason told me. 

Anyway, dinner was good. Had a piece of ham, a whole lot of cooked spinach and a little mashed potatoes. A couple of hours later I had a mousse tempation. I look my time eating it and enjoyed it a lot. Then tonight I had six Wheat Thins. That's it for me tonight. No more food. I almost had a bag of popcorn. Maybe tomorrow. But I think today has been a good day. Tomorrow I'm going to be going to the gym in the morning. Part of me doesn't want to go, but I need to go. I will start losing weight faster with exercise. 

Well, I took my meds and I have been tired all day, but I don't feel as tired now. Go figure. I did get to watch a new "Closer." Brenda's father has thyroid cancer. And of course they caught a murderer while walking a fine line with the FBI. Then I watched "Rizzoli & Isles" where they went to Jane's High School Reunion. Then one of her friends was wanting to talk to her and before he could call her or her him, he was found dead on the football field. Then another classmate is killed and another died. All because of a replacement heart valve. It was a good episode.

So that was day one. No exercise, but I did stick to eating healthy. On to tomorrow. 
      

No comments: