Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 14 - Merry Christmas!!

Jordan woke Cassie and I up around 6:00am or 7:00am. I don't remember which. He was obviously excited to get the gift he didn't know about. LOL! Or rather know what it was. Cassie wasn't happy with him and I wasn't thrilled, but it was fun to finally give them their gifts. Cassie wasn't thrilled with the book at first, but I convinced her to read the first chapter so hopefully she'll like it. Personally, I thought it sounded pretty good! So I think ultimately she's going to be happy with it and Jordan loved his long sleeved shirt. Then my mom gave them her gifts. Jordan loved the shirt I'd picked out for him - the "Same Shirt Different Day" shirt. LOL! In fact, he put it on!! Cassie loved her scarf from Grandma. She also liked the toe socks, but they didn't fit her well. I think I got Childrens size. :-( Which means they didn't have them for tweens/teens like I thought. They also both got Candy from Grandma - fruit slices which they both love. And they both got regular socks too. They always need socks!

Cassie handed us our stockings and they both liked them. Unfortunately, the fuzzy socks that I bought for Jordan didn't fit him so he gave them to Cassie who definitely liked them. Jordan laughed about the brush, but he actually used it!! Then Cassie got her lip gloss and apparently it didn't taste like anything, which was kind of disappointing to me, but it still shined nice on her lips.

After that, I was so tired, I did go back to sleep. It was around noon that I woke up. It was a good thing I didn't sleep later because Jordan was going to sleep and I needed him to go to the pharmacy and get my meds. He wasn't happy about it, but he knew I needed to get the meds. The absess is even worse than it was before where it was swelling part of my lower lip. THAT is bad. 

Anyway, I stayed in my PJs when I took him and it turned out I wasn't the only one out and about in my PJs. There were about three girls in theirs too that walked by. As I waited for Jordan, I read more of "Beautiful Creatures," which is still really good! When he got back to the car though, the first thing I did was take two of the antibiotics. Then when I got home, I took a percocet. My mom woke me up at 3:00pm to eat dinner. And the dinner was FANTASTIC! The stuffing tasted so good!! Turns out the thing she did different from Thanksgiving was that she cooked it in the turkey. It made SUCH a difference! I wouldn't have believed it had I not tasted it. Jordan was sleeping and didn't want to wake up. His loss. 

I made myself a good sized plate, but not as big a one as I would normally make. On top of that, I didn't go back for seconds or thirds. I did have a tiny piece of blackberry pie. I still want a small piece of pumpkin, but that can wait until tomorrow. Also, I did go back for one snack earlier - a roll with some turkey and cranberry sauce inside. It was good and I was shocked because Karissa actually ate some turkey!!! She never eats Turkey! I guess she changed her mind today or the turkey was just that good! I thought it was sensational. My mom also fixed mashed potatoes, mashed yams, peas, stuffing, rolls, turkey, cranberry sauce and cider to drink. I think in all honesty I did pretty good and didn't go too far overboard. Though next year I'll be picking and chosing my bites since I'll probably only eating a shot glass full of food. 

Anyway, Cassie got really upset though and started crying saying how Christmas just wasn't fun for her. That no one had really spent time with her, but that she was sad because her friends all got cool stuff and she knew she couldn't get any of it. And how she had chosen books because she knew it would be less stressful for us adults to get for her. She is very thoughtful with some things. But I was so sad for her. She just cried and said it didn't feel like Christmas. That her friends all had family that loved to hang out together, talk, play games . . . and what did we have? I know that feeling because I had that feeling growing up all the time. Our family just isn't a family - well, except Cassie, Jordan and I. Though Grandma was really nice this year. I thought it felt more like Christmas to me. I just felt so bad for her.

We then went back to my room where I let her play on the computer. She created a tumblr account, but eventually I just had to lay down. I think she was just happy to be with me. I know I was happy to have her with me. Then Jason and Susan came to pick her up. They saw my face and were shocked I think. It's that bad.


I went back to sleep again after that with more percocet. But I woke up in time to see the last 10 minutes of "Cupcake Wars" then the new "Iron Chef America" where Chef Zakarian had his first battle! He won which was nice. I didn't pay attention the last 15 minutes or so. I started playing on the computer. I also created a Tumblr account. Just thought it would be something to do. And why not have another account somewhere else. I just have fun with it.

Well, I took another percocet and I'm getting tired. I am still having pain which sucks. I need to take another antibiotic at 1:00am. I'll have Jordan wake me up since he'll be awake - brat that he is.

Then I want to go to the gym tomorrow and do the water aerobics, but I don't know. I guess it depends on how I feel in the morning. Hopefully better than this.

Christmas wasn't a spectacular success, but it wasn't a spectacular failure either. I think it was somewhere in the middle when you factor in Cassie's sadness. I hope next year I'll have some money to get her something really nice. :-) But now Christmas is over . . . :-( Oh well . . . one more week to New Years then it's back to normal.

Merry Christmas all!

No comments: