Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Shopping, Christmas Shows

I was okay most of today. Now I feel tired and kinda down. Not depressed, but maybe just coming down after a bit of a high. Though I slept late today - well about average for me lately - I got some stuff done. I picked up Cassie from school though late. I got there on time and then she stayed late for Science. I took the time to start reading another book called "A Christmas to Remember," by Kay Stockham. Then once we got home, she was starving and didn't want tuna or the like. So she ended up asking if she could make stuffing. Boy am I so glad that we have a microwave now! That's what I should have bought earlier. Though I can buy it tomorrow.

Anyway, Cassie and I had stuffing. It didn't seem seasoned enough. It was weird. Usually stove top stuffing tastes great. After that, Susan was there to pick her up. I left shortly after they did because I wanted to run up to Walmart. Of course, I had to stop and get a diet Dr. Pepper from McDonald's.

I was also hoping I was making it to Walmart before any crowds and I did!! I was able to get "Cowboys and Aliens" without an issue. Then I also found Jordan a long sleeved shirt that looks cool. I looked in the $5 bin and I saw a couple of movies I would have liked to have had, but I knew it wasn't a good idea. So I paid for my items, got a refill and then headed home. I was excited and showed my mom what I got Jordan. She liked it too.

After that, I played on Cafemom for a bit and thought about making a Christmas newsletter. You know, the family newsletter thing. But I couldn't find any templates or anything. I was frustrated because what I really wanted was Borderbund Printshop Press Writer. Well, it turns out that it's really cheat and Jason was so sweet! He bought it for me and I should have it next week! Just in time to make a newsletter for Christmas. I have certain people to send cards to. Maybe three or four. My birthmom, my birthfather, Linda and Roger and . . . Not sure. It would have been Maggie and Verne, but I haven't heard from her since her move. Ah well.

After Jason said he got me the Press Writer Program, I stopped working on the one I had started by hand. It was a pain in the ass, but I could have done it, but the press writer will make things so much easier.

Then I got antsy and was thinking about my mom and the Catherine's card. I figured why not go! I was hoping that there wouldn't be a lot of people at the mall and I was right! :-D I think next week we'll start seeing a real crunch. Anyway, I went to Catherine's for a pair of winter PJs and I found some! They didn't ask to see my ID or anything which is what I was afraid of. And the PJs are so cute! They have a frog couple holding candy canes and stuff. I don't think I want to have them under the tree! I want to use them now! LOL!

Well, on the way home I stopped at the 99 cent store. I had to pick up batteries for the boom box anyway and I thought I would get the kids and I fuzzy socks for the stockings. I also got Jordan and brush and Cassie flavored lip gloss. Then when I got home I showed my mom the PJs and she thinks they're so cute. Now she's talking about getting me a robe. :-) But she's also thinking of going there without me, so who knows what she's going to get. LOL! But I am happy with the PJs.

Cassie came home shortly there after. She was exhausted and basically went straight to bed. I covered her up with a heated throw and two blankets. That should keep her warm enough. Then I finished watching the Christmas episodes of "Eureka,""Warehouse 13" and "Haven." They were all a lot of fun to watch. "Eureka" was by far the funniest as they got turned into cartoons, claymations and anime! LOL! "Warehouse 13" was about an artifact and made the world like Pete never existed. Of course, he fixed everything once he was able to get everyone back together again. Though it took convincing. Then in "Haven" it was Christmas in July. Not only were everyone putting up Christmas decorations but they started disappearing!! Turned out it was this girl and a snowglobe and how she needed to stop living in it. Right now "Eureka" is back on.

I also played more on Cafemom. Just posted a couple of things. And I am so happy that I pretty much have most of my Christmas shopping DONE! I want to get Jones sodas and stuff, but that's easy. Then I'll get Christmas candy for stockings. Maybe some nuts and oranges. Things are going to be great! Now I'm feeling better again.

Man, I'm tired. I would say that I'm going to go to sleep right away, but everytime I say it, it doesn't happen. So I'll sleep when I sleep, but I'm tired. LOL!

No comments: