Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Where am I? Oh There I am!



Over the last week, give or take, I had an upheaval in my medication. I called on Monday or Tuesday for a refill on one of my medications (Mood Stabilizer), The pharmacy assured me they were faxing my refill request to my pdoc. I didn't think to contact them when I didn't get it in the mail. Then came Friday. I was sure my meds would come, but by the time mail was checked and I found out my meds still hadn't come, it was too late to call the pharmacy, Over the weekend I just kept feeling worse and worse. I was having withdrawal symptoms, which sucked. My depression came back. My anxiety skyrocketed. I was having headaches, I felt seriously stressed. So on Monday (yesterday) I called the pharmacy bright and early and explained to them that I NEEDED my medication THAT DAY. Their excuse was that they hadn't heard back from my doctor. Well, I talked to my doctor and they explained that they respond to faxes almost immediately, so either something happened to the fax before it got to my doctor or they never sent it - which seems more likely. They also told  me my medication would be delivered between 2pm - 5pm. Well, it didn't come so I called the pharmacy back. Apparently the driver didn't make it to me before he had to get his second run. I didn't get my meds until almost 8pm. It was way too late to take one so I had to wait another night before I could take my medication in the morning. Ugh!

This morning I FINALLY got to take ALL my meds and I started feeling better within a few hours. It did take a cup or two of coffee to get my energy gong, but I felt more like myself and was able to get things done! I changed the fishes water so it's nice and clean. I took care of the cat litter. I put away dishes. I made a cherry chocolate cobbler. That is super easy. I used two cans of cherry pie filling, covered with chocolate cake mix and on top of that you use about 1/2  cup of melted butter. You want to try to get all of the cake mix with it. Then you cook it at 350 degrees F for about 40-50 minutes. It was a huge hit with my family. The only thing that would make it better is whipped cream on top! :-) Next I want to do a apple pie filling, topped with spice cake mix. I think that was is going to be perfect for autumn!

Anyway, I just feel almost 100% better and back to myself. Those days without my medication I was definitely NOT myself. I am so glad that it's not taking me long to go back to normal. :-)

Well, I took my night meds so it's time to head to bed. Have a good night!

No comments: