Friday, September 6, 2013

The Beach and All Its Glory


Today was a great day for the beach! It was funny because I woke up a little down. I've been more emotional the last couple of days, not because of the crap, but really because I was off my mood stabilizers for about 48 hours. They finally arrived in the mail yesterday so I am back on them, but it will still take me about another day or two for it to finally bring me back to normal 100%. A nice look at me off my most important meds. Not good! So things got better. 

I almost didn't go to the beach, but Jason talked me into it.  still wasn't sure up until the time we left. We stopped to get a little fuel. We had made sandwiches for us and brought water. We also grabbed grapes and bananas, but the bananas hadn't been eaten. We made a little dent in the grapes. But after getting fuel we stopped at the Walmart market. Jason got us each a drink. He got a Fanta orange and he got me an Arizona green tea. He also bought a bag of Taco flavored chips. They were good, but didn't last long. I'll tell you why in a minute! LOL!

Anyway, we left, got on the freeway and went to the beach. East County was so hot. I think it got up to 104 degrees F. But as we got closer and closer to the beach the temperature got cooler. It was awesome! When we actually got to the beach it was perfect!! It was warm, but there was a nice breeze. We settled down and ate a sandwich and some grapes and chips, plus drink our drinks. After that, we finally get up to go into the water. But we learned a very important lesson. Never trust a Seagull! LOL! We were just about at the water's edge and there was a commotion back up on the sand. Well . . . We didn't cover our chips with a blanket or towel or something. Needless to say it was a scrambling of seagulls! They swarmed all over our blanket and stole the chips bag!! They took every last one! LOL! Little twits!! But I stayed out in the water for awhile, but Jason stayed back on the blanket to keep an eye oout for those rascals again. But we covered everything from there on out. 

After a bit, he went out into the water. I could see him, which was cool. Then I sunned myself and so did Jason. We decided we'd wait for Susan to join us before we went back out into the water. It was so nice out there. Oh and one of the seagulls had been with us practically the whole time. We had a boogie board that was tore up pretty good and just laying there in the sand. This seagull claimed it as HIS and would actually chase other birds away! He was funny! Of course, he was one of the chip raiders too! :-P

When Susan did get there, she brought a chair and sat down. She was not interested in the water at all. :-( That was kind of sad. But she was tired. However she has been very tired lately . . . well, for awhile. She has reasons though. So Jason and I went out to the ocean again and I got out pretty far for me. My chest was wet, but I wasn't out jumping the big waves. They were big enough though and the water was a bit cool, but it was awesome. I haven't had so much fun at the beach in years! And I have been to the beach more this summer than I have in the last decade! LOL! 

Eventually, the fun had to end and we had to go home. Jason had to give me directions back onto the freeway before he left with Susan. They had to take care of a couple of things. As for me, almost as soon as I got home Cassi called me to pick her up from the trolley with her friend Savannah, and they were supposed to come back to the apartment, but there was a change of plans and I took her and her friend to another friend's place near us! LOL! Sometimes that girl has me going around in circles! LOL! But I love her. By the time I got home Jason was making dinner. I was grateful for that. I was really wiped out and didn't feel up to cooking. Not that I wouldn't have. It was just a nice treat for today. We had BBQ crispy chicken strips with Mac n' Cheese. It was good, but I couldn't eat it all. Which is a good thing. :-D

Anyway, I am about ready to crash for the night. It was a blast of a day!


No comments: