Monday, September 16, 2013

6,052 Views!!!



Wow!! I'm floored that I have so many page views! I never thought my life was that interesting! LOL! But here it is, I have been blessed with a lot of page views and what's really funny is that when I started this blog it's basically a diary of my life. I didn't expect anyone to look at it, so needless to say I am so surprised - pleasantly surprised by the views. For those that stop and actually read more than what's on the first page, I thank you! If you like it, come back again! :-)

I am just genuinely happy and thank you all!

As for my day, it wasn't really that interesting. I worked on my Facebook pages and posted in my groups. I also created a new page called "Overcoming Abuse" which I try to post things as encouragement to others AND finding things about personality disorders that could be what the abusers have. Not to excuse them but to help us understand that whatever they did to us was NOT our fault. I grew up with abuse and as I got older I was abused by my siblings and a now Ex Husband. I have even had a friend once upon a time who was also attacking me for no reason. But that's basically where I post this stuff. I want to encourage others and to let them know they can survive and become better than they ever were. That the abuser doesn't get to decide what kind of person you are, how you think or how you feel. In fact, it shows people how shallow, malicious and critical they are. But anyway, I didn't hope in my "Holidays Through the Year" page today. Not that I won't, but I am getting pretty tired.

I woke up around 7:00am. I have been waking up so early these last few days, but I don't mind it. I was able to get right onto Facebook and start my stuff. I also made a large cup of coffee - two actually. I had cold coffee in the fridge and it's perfect for the morning! I put in splenda and some creamer and voila! Delish! But I also decided to write a flash fiction that had been kicking around in my head for awhile. A Flash Fiction is a very short story (between 100-300 words) with a twist at the end. I had fun with it and a few people got a kick out of it. 

I also did some regular chores like taking care of the kitties. I had to get Karissa fresh water and refill her dry food bowl. But what's funny is as soon as I open her canned food at night Romeo is right there. But Karissa eats her fill, jumps on the bed and starts grooming, letting Romeo eat the rest of her food. But other than that, she chases him out of the room. LOL! Sometimes I worry about Romeo, but he seems pretty fast and I think Karissa is just trying to make a point about this room being HERS! 

I also made muffins today! I wanted to make a cake, but I didn't have the vegetable oil I needed for it. The mix is Caramel apple flavored with matching frosting. I just had to try it when I saw it. I have been waiting for several days, but Susan finally picked some up! So tomorrow is going to be caramel apple cake! After we eat that I'm going to make spiced peach cobbler! Perfect for September! In fact, if this turns out well, I might share it. It's super, super easy!! That's the kind of cooking I really like! ;-) Everyone loves that I have been more into cooking and baking, but they say I'm making them fat! LOL! They love it!

Other than that, I haven't done much else. I picked up Cassi from the trolley after she spent time with friends. Her hair is now blonde until she decides to go for another brilliant color. She was thinking of going back to pink. But she also got snake bites. She's wanted them and she had one lip piercing already. Jason doesn't like it, but he's dealing with it. At least he didn't act like a jerk. He has done that in the past, but I think he's growing emotionally and understanding more about Cassi. Plus, he's known for a long time she has wanted snake bites.

Well, tomorrow I'm going to see about going to my Mom's to do laundry tomorrow. If she's okay with that Jordan can help me with it. He is so much better off at Grandma's house than with my brother. He's one of the abusers in my family. but that's a story for another time! But for now, my life is good and I am enjoying everyday! I hope a lot of people are having days like mine. And if you're not, it's okay. Things will get better. Sometimes it just takes awhile. ;-)

Okay, done for now! Time to pack it up and go to sleep!

No comments: