Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Winding and Strange Road of My Mind!




Well, I was going to actually write last night but I was way too tired. I had not slept much the night before and woke up early. I even ended up taking a nap in the afternoon. I'm a little tired at the moment, but not enough to take a nap, so I figured I would FINALLY get to this. 

I can't really say much is going on, but Cassi went to see "Focus in Frame" at Soma Friday  night and hung out with the band members a bit after the show at In N Out. Then last night she went to another concert in a bit smaller venue. The group was called "Ghost Town" and she had a great time. She got to meet the band there too! I think it' good she starts liking bands at the beginnings of their career because she ends up friends with these people and that will probably stick for quite awhile. She is a loyal fan if nothing else! ;-) I'm just glad she had a good time and spent time with friends AND made new friends! This is probably one of her favorite weekends ever! She even hung out with Bryan Stars for a few. 

As for me, I have been spending a lot of time on Facebook the last two days. I have been working on my groups (a couple of them anyway) and my pages. I have one that's for my writings and I have one on Holidays through the year. I like it. Right now I'm not really celebrating a holiday at the moment, but we are celebrating apples! I found some really yummy sounding recipes.


But after Friday night I woke up feeling wonderful yesterday morning! Who would have figured, but I think it's because I worked all that stuff out of me before I went to bed. I mean, it' basically done and over so I am back to my old self, even if I have been a bit tired. That makes me feel old though! LOL! I hate being tired! :-P Oh and Jason had shared a Youtube video he had been sent and I LOVED it!! It's the William Tell Overture - Momisms. It's so funny, but I love it!! Here's the link for that one. If you're a mom or grew up with a mom figure, you'll get a kick out of it. I've watched it several times and so far it hasn't gotten old! Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYukEAmoMCQ

I also found another video that made me cry! George Takei posted it on his Facebook page. It was a marriage proposal at a Home Depot for two gay men, and did I mention this is in Utah? That's right! But even if it were some someone straight it is a AWESOME idea ever! But this was so sweet it made me cry! Check it out if you want to! I LOVE this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HpWQmEXrM&feature=youtu.be

Well, I think I'll work on my newest story. I have most of the pieces of it together. It just needs to be written. Not that I have put my other manuscripts away, but this one has my attention at the moment. This is definitely one of my more interesting tales. Nothing beats a serial killer! ;-) Plus there will be a few suspects on the way. I am really excited about this story! Seriously!! 

Man, I need more coffee, but I definitely need it decaf this time of day. I react pretty bad to caffeine in coffee for me. In tea it doesn't bother me; not in chocolate . . . nothing, just coffee! Go figure! But I definitely need the flavor with some Almond Joy creamer too. Yum! I think I am going to make three pots of coffee so we can have some in the fridge. I love cold or iced coffee. Warm is okay, but I hate HOT coffee! Anything that's going to burn my tongue off I don't want! Not to say I don't like some spicy stuff, but I don't like hot temperatures. Heck, I don't even like hot temperatures outside!!

Anyway, I don't know the temp outside, but it's warm and it's a bit humid. However, that's a San Diego County September for ya!  I can't wait for the end of the year! Halloween! Thanksgiving and Christmas! THAT is the time of year I really look forward too. When the weather starts cooling off I enjoy it! I know people that love summer. When I was a kid I LOVED summer, but I could with the heat then! I also grew up with a pool. But as I got older it was harder to deal with the hot temps. 

What's really sad at the moment is that the air conditioner isn't working as well as it could. That has to get fixed soon for the last few weeks of heat we'll get. But it's nice it's cooling down at night a bit, though last night was kind of warm in my room. Still, better than some nights were.

Well, I was going to make a Caramel Apple cake today, but Susan forgot to pick up vegetable oil so it'll have to wait until she does, but I will be making it as soon as she does. Until then, I'm going to make some triple berry muffins. Maybe I'll do it tonight though when it's cooler. I also have to make dinner. I have to figure out what it's going to be. I have a few ideas. I might just make more Mexican rice, through in some ground turkey and corn. Mix it together and serve with shredded cheese on top AND sour cream. I might serve it in tortillas like a taco instead of just a bowl. That's always good too! Dang I wanted to make that cake today though! Ugh! I would get some oil myself, but I just don't have the money on me at the moment.

Okay, there is really nothing else to really talk about I don't think. The unpleasantness from Friday is over. I am feeling good and I am enjoying my life! Tomorrow is going to be a GREAT DAY! If you're reading this, have one too! :-)


No comments: