Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Carnival at Cassie's School










Cassie had a blast at the School Halloween Carnival. She opted not to wear the wings for her costume because she didn't want to get them ruined before Halloween. So instead of being a fairy, she called herself the Ghost of Christmas Past . . . I have no idea why. LOL! But I guess it worked!
We got there early because she was working the haunted house for the first half hour. I didn't see, because it was designed for kids and I will tell you . . . I am not even CLOSE to being kid-sized! LOL! But she told me that at first, she was just doing the tours through the haunted house, but then the teacher running is had to be one of the ghouls and she started telling the other kids how to do their job! LOL! Not meanly, but giving direction bascially. It was so funny because the teacher said she was a good actress and good at giving direction and asked if she wanted to be the Director. She said, "Okay!" and so then she did that! The teacher said she did a great job and now she wants to run her own Haunted House one of these Halloweens! Plus, she had 15 tickets and then had another $20 to spend (which went toward, sodas, snow cones and nachos and more tickets). I thought for sure she would play games and stuff, but all she really wanted to do was go through the haunted house over and over again with her friends! LOL! So for halloween, she wants to go into this even scarier haunted house that her cousin works at called the Monster Manor. If she does, it'll be the first year of her doing it. She has never liked that kind of stuff before. To be honest, I don't really like it myself. But if she does, that is FANTASTIC! She has been far to timid of stuff that might seem scary for far too long. It's great to see her enjoying it.
As for me, I did the cake walk a few times. That's about the extent of my fun! LOL! I didn't really win anything, but before I left the woman whispered to me, "Go ahead and take something." That was cool. I got a plate that had two cupcakes and two cookies. Cassie and I devoured those when we got home . . . well after dinner. We had gone to McDonald's to grab dollar food and they screwed up the order. Well, this wasn't just a screw up on sauces or something. They shorted us a sandwich!! So I called and railed into them. I mean, it's wasted time, especially wasted fuel! Then the girl that made the mistake to begin with tried to tell me that I was only charged for 3 sandwhiches and I just about blew a gasket. I was LOOKING at the recipt and told her so. Told her not to tell me what I ordered. Anyway, they replaced the sandwich and gave us fries and 2 hot apple pies as compensation. Normally, I wouldn't make too big of a deal, but to forget a whole sandwich?? And then to try to tell me that they only charged me for three when the recipt clearly says four?? I realize they don't hire rocket scientists, but this girl was the same one that took our order and she had this attitude of knowing it all? You can tell those types from a mile away. They give off the vibe. LOL!
But anyway, we enjoyed our dinner, Cassie told me all about the school's haunted house and what she did in it and then we got some reading it. She crashed relatively early for a Saturday night, but I guess she got worn out! LOL!
I am very glad she had so much fun!






No comments: