Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Birthday, The Beach and a Day of Exhaustion



I know I haven't posted for a few days, but I've been a bit busy and tired! :-) Monday, the 26th, was my birthday. I was woken up earlier than I wanted to be woken up, but I had to take Cassi's friend Ray back home. Then she wanted to visit another friend, but changed her mind and staying home. That was kind of nice to have her around, though she was bored to tears pretty much! LOL! But for the most part Jason and I hung out together with Cassi and it was a nice quiet day. Then for the topper Jason and Susan went shopping and got everything for Jason's grilled BBQ chicken. They also got baked beans and a cake! The cake was triple chocolate and it was pretty good! :-) It was such a nice birthday. Just like I like them! Hanging with my family - some of my best friends in the WORLD! 

The following day Jason and I were talking about what to do. He suggested the beach and I thought, "Okay, I haven't been there awhile. Why not?" Jordan also wanted to spend the day with me, so as I went to pick up Jordan Jason started making sandwiches and get fruit and stuff. On the way back with him I also stopped at Albertson's and did some WIC shopping. October is the last month for Cassi. Anyway, we got 2 gallons of milk, cereal and juice. I also picked up some fruits and veggies. One of the things I bought was a strawberry and blueberry bowl. Those strawberries were the best ever!! So we took that to the beach too. On the way out Cassi had forgot her wallet and she needed it to hang out with her friend later so we had to go back. Then we finally got on the road. Jason had to guide me because I don't know how to get to any of the beaches really. Well, we went to Mission Beach. We put out the blankets and towels on the grass and then ate the sandwiches, fruit, Jason also picked up BBQ chips and sugar free Lofthouse cookies. They were GOOD!! Jason also got Susan to come meet us there after she was during. I changed into my swimsuit, but put my yellow skirt in a puddle in the bathroom without realizing it until I went to pick it up. Just  meant I was going to go home in my swimsuit and not changing again. 

Poor Jordan was so tired, he basically napped the whole time, but talk about a nice place to nap! So Jason, Cassi and I walked across the sand toward the water. It was an ordeal for me since I don't have great balance anyway because of my medication, and I sink way into the sand because I'm still pretty heavy. But I got there. Cassi got her feet wet and when she went in a little deeper she decided it was too cold. So she headed back to the grass and the blankets. Jason and I actually went about waist deep in and I had such a good time doing it. It reminded me of being a kid and all the days we spent at Silver Strand boogie boarding. It just made me smile. Those were some of the best days. I will always think on the beach as filled with good memories. But I hadn't been there in so long and I was always worried about getting sunburned. Well, we did have sun block, but it was a spray and it was breezy. Needless to say we still got burned, but mine wasn't so bad. It didn't take away how much fun I had. When Cassi's friend got there she left. Originally she was supposed to spend the night, but there was someone from her school coming over the following day to have us fill out surveys at 9:00am.

We stayed about 20-30 minutes longer, then Jason and Susan left to go out to dinner and then Jordan and I left. It was good to hang out with him for a bit. I had wanted him to spend the night, but that didn't work out. But I guess that was for the best because Cassi came home. But I made us some rice for dinner. I combined chicken fried rice with teriyaki rice. It turned out pretty well. Cassi had the rest so at least there was none to put away. I was well and thoroughly tired that night, but had a little trouble getting to sleep. But I got there.



I woke up about 8:30am and I knew I was going to be tired all day. For whatever reason I didn't get enough sleep or something. But I got up and got ready. I left Cassi sleep as long as she could. Jason woke up long enough to request that I meet this guy on the picnic tables out front because of the state of the living room. I won't go into it, but let's say there's a lot of stuff that should be in a bedroom really. Not in the living room so I understood where he was coming from. So when he arrived, I got Cassi up, let her get dressed as I took him to the benches. Even he thought this survey was stupid because we hadn't even had any services from the district. Go figure. But they needed Cassi to fill one out as well. It was the most stupid thing in the world to do. But we did it and it was done within 15 minutes.

After he left I just tried to do as much of my To Do List that I could do. I got most of it done, which was good. I took Jason to the trolley to get to work and then did more things. It got to a point though that we had to take a break, turn on the a/c and relax. I also made dinner last night for Cassi, Susan and I. I used 2 pkgs of Creole Garlic Butter flavored rice. I cooked up ground turkey. Steamed carrots and broccoli and then mixed it all together. It tasted pretty good. It wasn't spicy at all. I added sour cream to mine and to Cassi's. We love sour cream. :-) After that, I did throw up though, which was a bit sad, but needed. I ate too much I think. It was awhile later that I finally had a piece of cake. Th good thing is that I was so tired that I crashed. I was asleep around 9:00pm, because Jason said he looked in on me at around 9:30pm and I was out!

So far today has been a quiet day. Cassi and I woke up. I was feeling pretty good. I've been getting stuff done on my To Do List, not that there isn't more! LOL! But I am feeling good. I still get tired, but it has to be the heat. It's hot and muggy and miserable outside. I was driving in it earlier. I had to take Cassi to the trolley at Spring Street and then I had to take Jason to the Amaya trolley stop so he could get to work. Once I got back I turned on the a/c and have been chilling in the living room because it's cooler. It's kind of driving Karissa up the wall that I am not back in my room with her. She actually will come out here to be in the same room with me. She is my little love. I can't imagine my life without her. I worry about her passing a lot. But that's just because she's starting to get up there.

Anyway, I'm going to pull out something for dinner tonight and see what happens. I have no idea what I'm going to make, but I'll figure it out! :-) I'm pretty good about it! That's something else is nice. Everyone appreciates my cooking. It's awesome to be appreciated for something you do and I know it benefits everyone. I need to try some new recipes though! I have a few in mind.

Guess that's it for now! If anything interesting happens maybe I'll post again, but it's nice not to be so exhausted today and that I had a good few days. Times like this are awesome!


No comments: