Monday, August 19, 2013

Friendships, Relationships and Shopping Oh My!!

Well, I am STILL exhausted! I did get a shower in today. I was also able to put fuel in the car and pick up a few things from the store - from a portion of the child support I get for Cassi. The poor thing was so tired this afternoon she just crashed and is just out for the count! But she hadn't slept well this weekend even though she spent it with her boyfriend. But she's had a lot on her mind. She would almost be in her 9th month of pregnancy if she hadn't lost the baby. The thing is, we all know that it was probably a good thing for her, but, you know, it was still a little life she carried inside her for almost three months. It's not like she was going to just forget. And so she's been thinking about the baby. That was one big reason that I let her stay with her boyfriend so they could talk and she could cuddle him while gong through some of the emotions. It would have been worse if she'd been here. Not that anyone would bother her, but that she wouldn't have anything to distract her and then she's ruminate on it. Not good. Then this morning she wanted to go talk to Robbie. I think she was the father of the baby, the way the math worked out, so I was worried what might happen. The last thing I wanted to see was her getting back together with him. He was not a god influence either. I mean, Cassi can find her own trouble. She doesn't need help! And he was nothing but trouble. But after him she had a tendency to go through boyfriends like toilet paper until now! She has a very nice boyfriend now and he is a good kid. He wants to be a police officer and maybe go into the FBI. Means no drugs or alcohol and they get along so well that she really likes him a lot. She might even love him! And he feels the same for her. He is supportive and loving toward her. He's respectful and he is a good influence. He also loves animals too! And they have already been talking about the future and they both can see one together! So here are my fingers crossed! You might think she's a little young to think about the future, but she could use a real relationship and who knows! Maybe they were meant to be! :-)

Anyway, today I managed to find a few great recipes that I want to try - maybe next month. I got a letter the other day from my sister, Diana. She was nice enough to pay my storage for four months. But I get to take over in October which is also the month my rent goes up. :-( It's not going to bode well for the end of the year, but I will somehow make it work.

I also made fat free honey corn bread and it tastes funny. I think we need to go back to the regular. That's the kind Cassi and I prefer and Susan might too after she tries this. I mean, not that it's horrible, it just doesn't taste right. I also bought honey to put on it. Susan hates honey though, so it's more for Cassi and I. Not sure Jason likes honey or not. Of course, I also like honey on fried chicken. I know, I'm weird! LOL! I also picked up more decaf coffee, though I might make regular coffee tomorrow if I'm this tired again! I'll need something to perk me up! I also got more Almond Joy creamer. That stuff is delicious! I also got some nutty bars. I had one, but gave Cassi one also. Needless to say, I share! :-) 

Well, I am still exhausted and I want to finish a letter to a prisoner I write to. I don't know if I will because I am really exhausted, but I'm going to try! So ciao for now! 


No comments: