Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Driving Through the Day!

Well, I woke up pretty good today and in a good mood for the most part! Kinda back to my old self. The bleeding stopped for awhile. Unfortunately, it started up again and "surprise, surprise" I got tired again! Of course, not like driving around in the heat helped at all. I mean, the heat could get worse, but this is when the humidity comes. It sucks! I don't do really well in the heat anyway, though I tolerate it much better than I used to when I was 160 lbs. heavier. That was horrendous!

Anyway, I woke up, spent some time with Jason. Then I had to pick up Jordan and his friend George to take them to GameStop over by my Mom's. Taylor and Cassi came along just to go. When we got there, the boys went in and got their game. Apparently they were handed the special edition! Needless they didn't take it back in. The woman obviously didn't check. I can't blame them. I mean, she did give that one to them. Not like you can take it back now. 

After that, we swung by McDonald's. I got two large ice waters. One for Cassi and one for me. George got a McFlurry and a Quarter Pounder, I think. He had coupons. Then I took them home. Then I went home. Hung out with Cassi and Jason a bit, but decided I was going to put my new sheets on the bed. I have been waiting to use them. They are light purple and I love this color! Anyway, I open up the sheet and come to find it's a flat sheet!! What?? I thought I had grabbed a fitted sheet. So I had to call Jordan to have him go with me to Walmart so he could do the exchange. I already returned too many things without a receipt, I guess. :-( I only do it when I need to do it, but I guess people were abusing the system or something. So I brought Jordan with me. Cassi came with again. So that was my second trip. But inside Walmart we had to go get sheets twice because I had taken off the stickers on the sheet I had because I thought it was what I needed. She needed another one to scan. What's kind of nice is the fact that I got my money back anyway!! And I wasn't expecting it back! I think it has something to do with things being put in the wrong place and if it's under $5. . . maybe? But that worked because Cassi was thristy, I was thirsty and Jordan was starving. He'd also taken 2 Tylenol PMs for a headache and was so tired! But we went to the McDonald's inside Walmart. Jordan got two McChickens, Cassi got a $1 drink and I had my cup from earlier so I just got more ice water! Then as we were eating my mom called me. I had called her earlier to just see how she was. She's still really upset about the break-in. I can't blame her and she asked if Jordan would be willing to stay the night again. Of course, it's another trip to the mobile home (my brother Tim's place) so Jordan could get his stuff. I dropped off Cassi on the way so that she could go see her boyfriend. Jason and Susan were taking her there. Anyway, I took Jordan over to my mom's and he's going to ask her if she wants him to stay for awhile until she feels better. It would be a good solution to her worrying. Jordan will kick anyone's ass if they try breaking in again! So all in all, I drove 70 miles in one day or more miles than that. Not sure. But at least 70. I am glad I don't have to do anymore driving! Yay!

That was sure more than I had planned to do today. I managed to get a lot of my daily list done today even despite all the running around. I do think I'm going to sleep we tonight! LOL! 

I did want to work a bit on my newer story, but I know I am way too tired to think straight so that will have to be something for tomorrow. I also have letters to work on. I need to write my new soldier. I'm behind a few letters and goodness knows I'm behind on sending packages. Maybe if I can afford it I'll send a couple of packages to him next month. I really need to make up for it. I also have another couple prisoners to write. Both of them sweet guys. One in particular. It seems I can read his writing pretty well. I am pretty good at deciphering hand writing. My dad was always amazed that I could read his "chicken scratches." LOL! That ability is serving me well.

Well, tomorrow Cassi and I finish her intake for school. I can't believe the summer is almost over! Wow! I can't believe my birthday is this coming Monday! I think I'l be 44 years old.  I never seem to keep track anymore! LOL! I honor the day with fun! But you know, I don't need to think how old I really am. I feel kinda timeless! I know it sounds funny, but it's true! I don't feel old. I don't feel young. I just feel good!! :-)

I need to get a little reading in tonight. I'm reading "Roses are Red" by James Patterson and it is great so far! Since I've been reading the Alex Cross books out of order, I know who the bad guy is. But I don't know the story. So far I am liking it. But I haven't found a James Patterson book I haven't liked yet! Wish I could be as prolific and awesome as him! 

Anyway, that's it for today's adventures! On to tomorrow's!!


No comments: