Friday, August 23, 2013

As The Sun Sets . . .



I am winding down for the night. It's been a good day! Got almost everything done on my list. Yay me!! :-) But I have to admit I am still tired. The 36 hours of being awake really did take a toll. I'm not a teenager or a twenty-something anymore. I mean, I woke up at 10:00am and was still exhausted, but I was ready to get up too. I don't like to sleep the days away anymore. More proof I'm doing better now than I was living at home with my mom. My mom and I get to talk everyday now and there's no real tension. I love that part of it! Plus I just feel secure where I am. I'm with people that love me and would never do anything to intentionally hurt me. There is no serious complaining. In fact, it rarely happens at all! No one expects perfect. No one has a fit if the house doesn't look like a museum. It really is the place I belong for now! 

I worked on my list of things to get done. Cleaned the litter boxes, feed the fish, wash out Karissa's food bowl, wash dishes, take shower - I definitely needed one! LOL! Plus posting in groups on Facebook and pages and blogs. Also worked on letters to my prisoners and soldier. 

I also made dinner tonight. I knew Jason and Susan were both going to be tired. Jason wasn't sure he would like the BBQ turkey sandwiches - my version of sloppy joes. I don't like the taste of them. I just cooked ground turkey with some garlic powder, pepper and salt, drained it and added BBQ sauce. I think I would pick a different BBQ sauce next time though. I want to get Sweet Baby Ray's maybe! Also instead of serving it on bread, I'd like to have hamburger buns or rolls next time. I also made mac n cheese along with steamed broccoli - by special request! Turns out that it was a hit, though I was worried it wouldn't be. But it was after all! In fact, Susan took the last of mine that I couldn't eat! Yay! That's the one thing that's a good thing. I can't eat too much! :-) It's a very good thing!

Outside of that, I worked on my story more. Not really in the writing of it. I am working on Emily Sinclair's bio. I need to know her before I can write her well. Same goes for the other main characters. But it's all coming together! Once that's done it's back to the real writing! But I really like how my mind keeps working with it! It's awesome!!

Anyway, I don't know what else I'm going to do tonight. I have been trying to watch "Tanked" but I can't seem to concentrate on it. Guess my mind is still working on the story! LOL! That's not a bad thing. But I think I'm going to sleep pretty well tonight too. I just hope that tomorrow I don't wake up so tired. It helps not to stay up for 36 hours straight! In fact, I might take my night meds now and go to sleep. That might be the brightest idea of the evening so far! LOL!

Now, what to do for tomorrow . . . ;-)

No comments: