Monday, April 16, 2012

10 Days Until Surgery


Well, I know I took a break for a couple of months. Even went passed Easter. But I can say that I met the goal of losing 50 lbs. Actually, I've lost 62 lbs. I also asked for the soonest surgery slot. I didn't expect it to be in two weeks. I have been trying to get my head wrapped around the fact that it's finally happening and the anxiety that it's going to happen and what might go wrong or how I'm going to feel after. I worry about the pain. But I know this is the right thing for me. It's going to give me a whole new life. But I am really, really nervous.

Today I really stuck to my guns today and didn't really deviate from my plan. I even went to Water Aerobics even though I didn't really want to. However, it was good and I enjoyed the work out and it was nice to see Jen. I got to share with her and Gail and another woman, who I can't remember her name, but she's really nice. They are all excited and happy for me. :-) I did actually consult the psychics in this group I'm in on Cafemom and they said everything was going to go well. Then I also got practical advice like following the diet restrictions. Trust me, I plan to. I just don't know how I'm going to take my pills once the surgery is over. I need more than an ounce of water to take my pills. I have visions of throwing up my pills, which would not be a good thing. But you never know. It might not happen that way. Maybe I'll tolerate things much better than expected. I hope so! I really want things to go well - better than just well. I want things to be the best they can be.

Tomorrow will be 9 days until the big event. I wish I could just chill out about it, but I know I will stress until the very end. Once it's over I'm sure things will be fine. So far, with this, everytime I have stressed things have been much better than I thought. So that's a positive! I just have to stay positive. Not that I'll change my mind. I'm doing this. It's just scary. But it'll be okay. I know it will be - and the psychics told me so! LOL!

Here's to tomorrow . . . making it through another day . . . making things one step closer. Aaahhhhhhh! LOL!

No comments: