Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day!


Well, it was a pretty good Thanksgiving. The food was excellent! Everyone got along! LOL! Trust me, that's a miracle! It's usually like mixing oil and water . . . or fire and gasoline! LOL! That might be a better term for it some times! But all in all it was a really nice day! I haven't even had pie yet and I am sooooo full! The turkey was nice and moist. Sometimes when my mother cooks turky it dries out - or at least the breast meat does. Then she made extra stuffing, mashed potatoes, her great gravy! Diana made green beans - fresh ones with onions and bacon. Not sure the kids liked it too much! LOL! Then she also make sweet potatoes and OMG!! They were so good! That and the homemade cranberry sauce! I could have eaten all of it myself, but my brother Tim got to it before I could and took it home! LOL! That's okay. Apparently Diana will make more and that works for me!


Anyway, I guess it's true what they say about turkey day. I am exhausted! Poor Cassie, though . . . she got up long enough to eat and then she went back to sleep. She's not feeling very good, but it could be from the flu shot she got. Mine's been hurting too. But she got hers way before I got mine . . . Maybe it's just a mild virus or she's just overtired. We'll find out tomorrow for sure.But Diana also wasn't feeling that good today, so she went up to her room to lay down early. Maybe that's what made things a little more peaceful! LOL!


But it was a good holiday! Gives me hope for Christmas with the same family! I REALLY REALLY hope THAT holiday comes out good too.

No comments: