Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day was REALLY Labor Day!



The kids and I went to Jason and Susan's on Labor Day for a BBQ - Susan's birthday was on the 5th so we were getting together for that too. The BBQ was great! Teriyaki chicken and steak this time! Mmmmm! Though I think I like Jason's regular BBQ better for his chicken, but this was still fabulous. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! LOL!


Anyway, I gave Susan her gift - it was a candle and I know she loves candles. It was the best smelling one of its kind that I could find at the time. I'm just glad she liked it - apple spice.


Then, pour Lilly - one of their cats. She seemed as if she had been pregnant forever and she was huge!! We kept waiting for her to have her babies, but it just seemed like it wasn't ever going to happen and we started to wonder if she was past her due date or something. She just couldn't get much bigger, we thought.


Well, Lilly started acting a little funny, panting hard, grooming herself . . . she was in labor!! But the weirdo that she is, she didn't find a place to nest and like the first time, had one of the kittens and then left it. I immediately got a towel and held it, keeping it warm. She then didn't have another before we went home, but when we were pretty sure she was calm, we gave her the baby back and immediately she took it and found a place to have the rest of her kittens. She is such a strange cat! LOL! But at least they were born. She had a total of five and are all totally cute. What's funny too, is Lilly decided that it was a good idea to take the kittens and hide them behind the TV! LOL! Not sure if she moved them again, but I wouldn't be surprised. She couldn't even settle on a place to have the babies! At least all of them!


I'm just glad she finally had them!

No comments: