Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Cause for Hope



Well, today I had an appointment with my psychiatrist or what I refer to as my pdoc. I think a lot of what's turned my world gray was the Abilify. I haven't taken it for the last two days and already life seems like it has a little bit more color so it comes down to getting off the Abilify and trying something else. In this case, it's a medication called Invega. I haven't heard of it before and will probably do some research, but all in all, I am hopefully. The only thing I worry about is it keeping my world gray. I really need to have that stop. I need my life back - most stable, but more colorful. I need my imagination and creativity. AND if all goes well and I'm still depressed, my pdoc might be adding a smidge of an anti-depressant and see if that helps the rest of the way - either Paxil or Lexapro. I haven't tried the later. I tried the Paxil, but I don't remember if it did anything for me or gave me adverse effects or what. But with luck, it will all work and I will be a better me and be able to get back to my writing. I'm just not me if I can't write.


Anyway, that's the game plan for now - stop the Ability, start the Invega and maybe add Paxil or Lexapro in a month. We'll see what happens!

No comments: