Friday, September 4, 2009

And this is the beginning of the month??


Well, what can I say? The heat is still here hovering around 100 and making everyone miserable. We can't run central air because it costs too much, so we just die from heat. Fun, huh??


That's been the big bummer, but I do have other things on my mind that are also a bit more pressing. My kids' paternal grandmother - Linda - is NOT well. She broke her leg in three places a couple of months ago and has been in the hospital. That's bad enough, but she's a heafty girl, like me! Well, that doesn't work well. She can't get up, can't use the bathroom by herself. On top of that, she has pneumonia and some kind of virus so she's in isolation. Before that she was in the ICU because her kidneys shut down. Guess they were able to put that in remission somehow. Anyway, she just sounds so tired. Roger is in Nevada because that's where they were moving. He comes back to see her, I guess, but no one else really can or has. I can't. Not only is she too far away, but I don't have a car of I'd arrange a day trip!! But everytime I talk to her I get this horrible feeling that she's not going to make it . . . that just because of this stupid broken leg that she won't make it out of the hospital alive. I wish I didn't feel that way, but I do. Maybe it just reminds me too much of my dad when he was sliding downhill fast. I just wish I could do something . . . see her . . . something! I can't even afford to send flowers! Not that I know what hospital she's in. I just hate to think of her there alone.


Then as if THAT'S not enough to contend with, Greg's mother just had a major stroke today. The next 24 hours they'll know how bad. She'll either live or die. He's already a wreck. I can't even imagine what he's going to be like in and when she passes. I hope she doesn't pass away. I don't think he could handle it. I mean, it's bad enough she had a stroke. But I don't know . . . All I can do is be there and be a friend.


Some good stuff though! Cassie got her hair cut!! She got it cut short! :-) I was kind of worried, but she looks cute with the style she got. Then I got her school supplies - or most of them. I still have things to pick up yet and was going to do that shopping today until Greg's mom . . . But he said he might take us because he'll want something to get his mind off his mom for awhile. It would work, you know? His mind would be occupied by my stuff and I'd be able to get the last minute shopping done that I need to do. Then Sunday Cassie is going to get her hair colored again to this beautiful golden blonde. It's so pretty. Everyone loved the color, but her roots are showing now so it's time to redo!


Cassie also went to her school orientation Yesterday. She got her PE clothes, a lock and school planner. Plus the list of what she'd need. We got just about everything! Yay! But I think her going was a great thing. She's not afraid of going to middle school now and I think at first she was. But she met up with her friends and they had fun running all over the school - which gets her to know where what class room is where! So I think by the time Tuesday rolls around, she'll be ready! I can't believe my baby is going into Middle School! Wow . . .


Well, guess that's an update. I need to get out of this room soon or I might die of the heat. It's not as high as it was, but it's high enough. All I can say is, what a start to the month!


No comments: