Saturday, July 11, 2009

Why Do Some People Never GROW UP??


(My friend is the one is the Leather Jacket)


I've known this woman since I was twleve years old. She's actually about 2 years older than me, but she has always acted younger, making me refer to her as my little sister. We had our ups and downs, but in the end we were always friends and I always thought of her as a sister. That never changed.

Okay, now fast forward to January 2008. Being the writer that I am, I like to encourage others to write. I have usually found people get great benefits from it. Comprehension goes up. Vocabulary increases . . . Plus it's a great way to get out your emotions. It can be very, very cathartic!! I find it so anyway.

So when she said she was interested in writing again and would I help her write a book, I said sure. It would be a fun side project. Well, the fun side project ended up being a HUGE deal. She started taking it seriously. She WANTED to get it published. This book was going to solve all her problems. Yeah . . . reality check. And get this part - I was having to write it for her!!!! Her grammar, spelling . . . everything was bad. The plot was childish. She would ask me about things and it was like a kid writing and this woman is 41 or is it 42 now, I think?

This is an example of what I was had to edit:


Mark and the boys are out looking at one of the Christmas tree lots, they have been to at least four of them since they left after Daniel and Brian took Brianna to the Doctors. They finally found the prefect Christmas tree and as Jeff pays for it and they get it tied to the top of the Car. Mark looks at his Brothers as the get ready to start to leave." Now if we can just pull this off before she gets home." They get in the car and drive off to the Lancing Family Estate.


Brianna walks out after they did her CT-Scan "All done now can we go eat" Daniel looks at her and smiles "How About we go through drive thru and you can eat at home while you rest. What would you like to eat?"


"How about we get a few pizzas and bring them home." Brian looks at Brianna "I like that idea." Brian pulls out his cell phone how about we call Round table and get four large pizza's and some salads and soda to go and we stop and pick it on the way back to the house and Then my darling it's bed for you until your hair appointment." She looks at Brian. "As long as you stay close."


He squeezes her hand. He dials the number to Round table pizza. " Yes I would like to place an order four of your large pizzas pepperoni pizzas and four large salads and four bottles of coke. This will be a pick up the is the number is as follows." He gives his cell phone number. "Ok I'll be there in twenty minutes. As they climbs back into the car. And head back towards the family estate.

It might not be the worst writing in the world, but this isn't the worst I was dealing with either. This is child's play compared some I had to work with.

Still I wanted to encourage her, but she was getting more and more demanding because she knew she could not pull off the quality I could write. Not that I'm the best writer by any stretch of the imagination, but her writing got to be really overwhelming for me after awhile; especially when I was trying to work on my own material seriously - and her calling me every day JUST to talk about her book. Not "Hi, how are you? How are the kids?" or "Thought I'd call and see how things are?" or even, "What are you up to?" It was always, "I have an idea on the book!" "Have you written on the book?!" Book, book, book, book, book . . . Eventually, our friendship came down to . . . this book! But it wasn't just me either. She was so obsessed with it that she was emotionally abusing her kids when they were on the computer. I mean, she cussed at them anyway (which I NEVER thought was appropriate) but when I found out that her daughter didn't even want to come home because her stomach hurt her all the time and that my friend had called her a c*nt was the last straw. I told her I had my own projects to work on and I had other things going on in my life, so I was backing out of the project.

I bet you can guess what happened after that - she dropped me as a friend! Surprise, surprise. But that's not the worst of it. It's been almost a year now since this happened and she hasn't let it go!! Not that I've tried to contact her, but she's using her own children to try to upset me and my kids - well more my daughter because they can't get to my son. I don't think they'd try anyway. But it doesn't matter.

You might be surprised considering how she treated them, but you know what? She's still their mother. It's not that I don't understand why they're doing it, but you don't tell someone's daughter whose not even 12 years old yet that they're a "F*cking spoiled brat" or whatever it was she said.

THEN this woman had the nerve to write me a letter. I didn't look at it. It went straight to the trash once I saw one negative word. Not saying anything to her will drive her more nuts.

But the thing is, it's like being thrown back to Junior High!! I mean, shouldn't everyone have grown up by now?? Especially if you've had a couple of kids?? But she never will. It's how she is and how she'll always been and as much as I have loved her as a sister, I am definitely done. Why should I care about someone that will not drop stuff after a year and who uses their own children to target other kids to get their pathetic form of revenge?

But I wish someone would tell this woman to GROW UP!

No comments: