Thursday, July 9, 2009

So Far So Good!



Well, at the moment I am working on my first manuscript. I've been editing and just finished the fourth chapter. Only another twelve to go! LOL! I can only do so much at one time though, or I start missing stuff. And even when I'm doing pretty good, I still miss something here and there that I find later. It can be maddening, but that's how it goes.

What I'm also doing is coming up with new scenes I'm going to be adding in. I realized that there was an area that I could expand on and in turn, it would make the book longer - which in this case would be a good thing. So far I have a three page scene and I'm working on another right now though I haven't gotten very far. It's more or less introducing the other people in the plot. I am hoping by the time I'm done I'll have added another 20 pages or more AND that it goes well within the story I've already written! I think it will. I just worry about it slowing down the pace of the book. I guess we'll see. When it's done, I'll see about sending it to a couple of trusted friends and see if they think it made things better or worse. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Whatelse can I do, right? And I have to believe that what I'm adding will be a good addition to the story; that I am NOT making a mistake.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried though. LOL! But when I'm done with this one, I'll have two more books to wreck my brain against! :-P

No comments: