Sunday, July 19, 2009

IT'S TOO HOT!!!


Well, not a whole lot has been going on lately and the heat has been killing me. I know there are a lot of places where the heat is worse, but the heat literally makes me sick. I not only sweat, but I swell. My legs, feet and fingers all feel like cooked sausaged. It's disgusting and makes me feel bad about myself. As if that's not bad enough I get irritable and if THAT isn't bad enough, I literally get nauseated. I almost started throwing up a couple of days ago because of the heat.


The funny thing is, the heat has been worse, but I just can't take it either way. We have no air conditioning because it takes too much money to run it. The fans do just about nothing but move hot air around. Even with the windows open it sucks. Then at night, if it's too hot, I can't sleep. No sleep means bad next day.


I don't know what happened the night before last, but I didn't sleep. It could have been from the heat since I woke up ever two hours and then it was this strange half sleep. I woke up so tired . . . I ended up not being able to edit Chapter 12 of my book and that had been my goal for yesterday. But the good news is that I got sleep last night and was able to somehow finish chapter 12 today!! Even in the hellish heat! So as long as I keep my mind focused, I get enough sleep and can try to concentrate through this horrible heat, I'll be done editing my book in about four days, give or take. I can't wait!! But with this heat, even if I finish I'm not sure how wonderful I'll feel. I mean, I'll be excited!! I'm excited now! But this heat . . . It sort of ruins everything, you know? I'm going to try not to let it ruin this for me. It's a step in the right direction. I am moving forward! I will get finished, get an agent and get published! :-) At least that's the plan! We'll see!


But either way, no matter what I can accomplish or not, I have only one thing to say at the moment: IT'S TOO HOT!!!! UGH!!


No comments: