Thursday, February 23, 2012

Waiting On Money!




Well, I've decided that I'm going to stop numbering the days, but I still need to account for my weight and eating. I kind of blew it today all the way around. I had a piece or raisin toast with peanut butter instead of a shake. Then for lunch I ate a Big Mac and a caramel iced coffee. Then I finally did have a shake, but then I had a piece and a half of pepperoni pizza. I figure I was bad today, but I'm going back on track first thing in the morning. I have to be strict this week. I want to get back to losing weight and I'm not sure I have been. And I need to lose those last 17 pounds.

My mom found a scale that could weigh me, but it costs $50. I think I might get it. I wouldn't worry constantly if I had something in front of me to measure my progress or lack there of! So that's something on my list to get.

Anyway, I got my SSI! I have met with the woman that needed my information. This month I get the first installment of my retro check. The next one will be in August and the rest will be given to me next February. I wasn't happy at first, but thinking about it, I like it a lot. It spreads out my money so I will have money for different parts over this year!! It won't be gone all at once! So that's a good thing.

But I'm going to have quite a bit of money in a few days. My retro check is going to be around $2500. Then I'll be getting this month's $571 and then around the first I'll get another $571 for next month. I think there's also more money I'm getting, but I'm happy with this. And it's going to allow me to do things I need and want to do. First I get the car fixed! That is my top priority. Then I was going to see about getting a bed, but Jason and wonder that he is found me a bed for $60. Can't get better than that. Plus the bed is only 10 months old! Awesome!! So that's something I don't have to worry about getting. I also want to get a new laptop. Something with TONS of storage for photos and stuff. I also need two new bathing suits. The one I have is all stretched out and falling apart really. So that will be nice! I also want to get some DVDs, take Jason and Susan out to dinner (another day I will be very bad, but will be planned) and then I'm giving them $300 for Daniel to hopefully come down here from Oregon. He apparently wants to, but Jason's a little worried that he may just take the money and use it for other things. But Daniel's a good kid. He wants to come down.

Anyway, I think I'll have enough for everything I want this time around. I'll think about what I want for my birthday - and I'll have to set aside money for Christmas this year! I want it to be a nice Christmas. But the thing that irritated me the most today was my mother. I haven't even had the surgery yet and she's already saying how she wants us out of the house. Ugh! I mean I need to have the surgery, then I need to recover! That might take months! It depends, I guess. Not that part of me doesn't want to be out on my own. I need to find out if there is a way to speed up housing too. I would like a place in El Cajon.

All I've been able to think about is the money coming. I'll have to set up a checking account and get direct deposit. It's a lot safer than getting checks in the mail. That's something good. It was never a thing to do with the welfare since I had the card. I'm just happen to be getting a little more money every month too. From what I understand I'll still get more income for Cassie and I'll still get food stamps and Medi-Cal. I feel like I'm in a better place financially. Guess we'll see what the future brings.

Well, I'm finally tired. Tomorrow it's back to the gym and water aerobics and getting my ass back on track. No cheating! I deserve to be thin and happy! I need to remember that.

Guess that's it. Time for bed. My goal is to get back into writing my blog again. I think it helps clear my head. Night!


No comments: